Coronaclass

 Mmmmkay.  I used to write a blog with this name a long time ago when I taught at a public school with a million mean kids.  Now, I teach at a small private Classical school.  Fancy.  Sweet kids.  Not much blog fodder or need to vent.  

But now....

So, I teach in a mask.  I feel like I am screaming all day and I end up repeating myself and taking a lot of Exedrin daily.  Sometimes, I try to teach in a face shield instead but sneezing in a face shield is the single grossest thing that has every happened to me.  And I raised boys.  

My first period class is PreCalculs/Algebra 2 both in person and simulcast to kids at home through Google Meet.  So, I'm pretty much exhausted by 8:45.  The kids no longer rotate classes to limit hallway crowding.  They were put into cohorts that stay put all day while the teachers rotate.  So I'm never in my own classroom and I teach 2nd period in the cafeteria.  Also, the kids were grouped by English class.  Consequently, my 4th period class is Calculus/ Algebra 3.  

I am tired of saying "put your mask on." I am putting on my happy face to make the best of this school year while I stand in front of students.  I am planning the heck out of lessons to maximize time and keep kids interested like never before.  And I am basically collapsing when I get home with not much left for my own kids.  

This is going to be a takeout kind of school year.  Or boxed mac n cheese if I'm feeling domestic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seriously?